This is easily one of my wife and I’s favorite go-to healthy recipes as it is delicious, effortless to make, healthy and can last almost a whole week. This is an especially great recipe on a chillier day or to share with a group of friends. No matter the setting, its bound to be a hit!
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Spoon/Spatula
- Can Opener
- 2 Forks
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Serving Spoon/Ladle
- 4-5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 14.5oz Chicken Broth
- 2, 4.5oz Cans of Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 15oz Can White Corn, Drained
- 2 15.5oz Cans of Great Northern Beans
- 3 Tbsp Olive/Canola Oil
- 3 Tbsp Oat/All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Cup Plain Whole Fat Greek Yogurt
- Put chicken breasts, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, green chilis, corn and beans into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time, about 1 hour before being done, add olive/canola oil to a small saucepan at medium to high heat. Whisk in flour and allow to bubble and brown a bit. After a few minutes, gradually whisk in the milk and chicken bouillon.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, whisking frequently until it is slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker and mix.
- Add plain whole fat greek yogurt and mix
- Shred the chicken with two forks until well shredded throughout
- Let cook on low for 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts: (Per ~8oz Serving)